Thursday, April 13, 2006

And now the stocking begins

I listen to songs by a guy who has the power to glue me to my couch with his lyrics. Tears inevitably ensue. I wrote tears stained lyric guy an email today and told him all about the affect he has on me and am hoping he writes back. Like I’m a 12-year-old girl I am hoping. This guy who writes the tears songs got me into trouble today. I was walking from my house to campus, singing some “tears lyrics” that went something like this; “For the love of God and in the name of Jesus, the groom who gave his life to love his bride.” It was these lyrics that drove me to what I did next. I gave my name and address to Elder Johnson and Elder Meeks. I don’t know why they called themselves elders because I am betting they are younger than me. It was probably a tough call though being that there was a chance that they were older. Maybe they call themselves “elder” until the person looks about 30 or 40, like asking for someones ID at the liquor store rule. Anyway, the elders wanted to talk to me on my walk about missionary business, I assume of the LDS nature, and of course I didn’t have the time to, so they are coming over to my house some time. Here’s the deal: every Christian tells you “DON’T give your name to THEM! They keep track of these meetings and they’ll stock you the rest of your days!” I think I buy into that; I really do as much as I don’t want to. I would email the guy who writes tear lyrics to blame him for all this but I am way to embarrassed. He’ll start thinking “AH you DORK! They’ll stock you the rest of your days!”
Now for the other hand. The other hand reminds me of what really motivated me. The love of God and the name of Jesus! Does it matter that I am now cursed? It could be that nothing good will come of this. It could be that way. However, it seems to me that good came when I gave the elder boys my name and address. I am convinced that God smiles when someone does something in his love, for his name. It’s like God’s love doesn’t extend to Mormon missionaries. So we’ll see how this goes. For the love of God and the name of Jesus we will.

No comments: